Episode 9: Weighing Yourself Makes You Lose Control
Numbers are neutral. It’s the meaning you’ve attached to that specific number. I want you to really reflect on why you have chosen 75kg and not 83kg. It’s got nothing to do with the number but the meaning you have given it.
Pre-surgery you were feeling out of control, that’s why you had surgery right? There were high levels of anxiety around your weight. I’m guessing you got surgery to feel free…yet if you are so fixated on a number on the scales, you’re thinking still hasn’t changed. Your thinking is not free. This deathgrip that you have on the number on the scale is also driven by anxiety. In your mind you’re still the old ‘fat’ you.
Please Leave a Review
If you leave a stellar review on iTunes, we'll send you a Starbucks drink on us to say thanks, as you enjoy some ME time!!
Here’s how to leave a review in the desktop version of iTunes:
1. Open iTunes on your computer.
2. In the Podcast Store, search “Reverse The Relapse”
3. Click on the “Reverse The Relapse” podcast graphic.
4. Click Ratings and Reviews.
5. Click Write a Review.
6. Give your review a title. Click a rating. Leave your review.
7. Click Submit.
Here’s how to leave a review in the iTunes Podcast app:
1. Open the Podcast app.
2. Select the Search tab (far right).
3. Type “Reverse The Relapse” and click to search.
4. Tap on the “Reverse The Relapse” podcast graphic.
5. Tap the Reviews tab.
6. Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
7. Enter your iTunes password to login.
8. Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
9. Give your review a title. Leave your review.
10. Hit Send.
To leave a review on Stitcher, head over to the podcast page and click the review link at the bottom of the page.
Listened to an episode and have thoughts, comments, insights, or questions?
I’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below (and tell me which episode you were listening to). And if you have suggestions or ideas for future episodes, please share!