You may or may not know that food and weight are only the symptoms. This is why WLS doesn’t fix the problem and make every thing go away and why doing this mind work is the key to making your surgery a success.
Let’s unpack these control strategies. It could be:
– Tracking everything in an app – calories, exercise etc…and let’s me honest this can feel like a part time job – all of the calculations
– Meal planning and prepping taken to a whole new level where it becomes a bit obsessive
– Religiously working out where the exercise becomes the control strategy. If you exercise in this way, you feel in control and this dictates your eating for the day.
Whilst you are reading recipes and controlling your weeks worth of meals to the next level, you don’t have to sit with and deal with your loneliness, feelings of not being food enough.
1. Open iTunes on your computer.
2. In the Podcast Store, search “Reverse The Relapse”
3. Click on the “Reverse The Relapse” podcast graphic.
4. Click Ratings and Reviews.
5. Click Write a Review.
6. Give your review a title. Click a rating. Leave your review.
7. Click Submit.
1. Open the Podcast app.
2. Select the Search tab (far right).
3. Type “Reverse The Relapse” and click to search.
4. Tap on the “Reverse The Relapse” podcast graphic.
5. Tap the Reviews tab.
6. Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
7. Enter your iTunes password to login.
8. Tap the Stars to leave a rating.
9. Give your review a title. Leave your review.
10. Hit Send.
I’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below (and tell me which episode you were listening to). And if you have suggestions or ideas for future episodes, please share!